Find out how people in supported accommodation are affected by Universal Credit. Identify the different models of specified accommodation and learn how Universal Credit awards are calculated for people in supported accommodation.
This one-day course provides delegates with detailed knowledge of how people residing in supported accommodation are affected by the new benefit system. It is aimed at industry professionals but does not assume any prior understanding of welfare reform or how benefits work.
Who should attend?
Landlords who offer supported housing, benefits advisers, housing officers, team leaders, anyone who works with benefit claimants in supported accommodation and wants to develop their knowledge of universal credit.
Key Learning Objectives
- Understand who is affected by Universal Credit and when
- Identify specified accommodation
- Identify which clients can claim Universal Credit and which can claim Housing Benefit
- Calculate maximum Universal Credit entitlements
- An overview of Universal Credit
- Who can apply for Universal Credit and when
- The evolving timetable for roll out
- Application, the claimant commitment and sanctions
- Essentials of the Universal Credit calculation
- Identifying specified accommodation
- Receiving Housing Benefit, Universal Credit or both
- The Benefit Cap and supported accommodation
- Payment of Universal Credit and alternative payment arrangements
- Discretionary Housing Payments
Ongoing help and advice
All delegates to any of our courses receive ongoing email support from Turquoise Training for 12 months as well as our newsletter. Get thorough answers to all your benefit questions!BOOK NOW!