Learn the basics of Universal Credit – what it is, who can get it, and what it means to them. Get to know this important new benefit and advise clients on how to get the best out of it.
Universal Credit – the Basics is a half day course covering the most important information you need to support people on Universal Credit or who may be moving on to it in the future. It is aimed at anyone who provides advice to people who are on benefits but does not assume any prior understanding of welfare reform or how benefits work.
Who should attend?
Employment and self-employment advisers, benefits advisers, team leaders, business managers and anyone who wants to better understand how the Universal Credit system works and give better advice.
Key Learning Objectives
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand who is affected by Universal Credit and when
- Describe the Universal Credit application, commitment and sanction process
- Identify the main issues brought up by the monthly payment cycle
- Identify the key concepts behind Universal Credit
- Examine the ongoing Universal Credit timetable
- Describe the Universal Credit application process
- Determine if sanctions are appropriate based on claimant commitment
- Look at Universal Credit entitlements and how they differ based on disability, children, housing and employment
- Look at how Universal Credit is paid and the issues monthly payments bring
Ongoing help and advice
All delegates to any of our courses receive ongoing email support from Turquoise Training for 12 months as well as our newsletter. Get thorough answers to all your benefit questions!BOOK NOW!