Get all the knowledge you need to help your clients on Universal Credit who work or who are moving into work. Provide great advice on what work related activity is required by Universal Credit claimants and how earned income affects entitlements. You’ll be able to confidently advise people on whether taking a job, promotion or extra hours will leave a person better of worse off.
Universal Credit and Work is a full day course covering all you need to know to support people on Universal Credit who work or may work in the future. It is aimed at anyone who provides advice to people who are on benefits but does not assume any prior understanding of welfare reform or how benefits work.
Who should attend?
Employment and self-employment advisers, benefits advisers, team leaders, business managers and anyone who wants to better understand how the Universal Credit system works and give better advice.
Key Learning Objectives
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Describe the work activity requirements Universal Credit claimants have under the claimant commitment and sanctions regime
- Calculate how work affects Universal Credit entitlements
- Understand the issues that the monthly Universal Credit payment cycle causes for workers
- The Universal Credit application process
- When taking a job, losing a job or progressing in work triggers a claim to Universal Credit
- The claimant commitment and required work related activity
- Determine if sanctions are appropriate
- Calculate a Universal Credit maximum entitlement
- Examine who gets a Work Allowance and how much they will get
- Look at the Universal Credit income taper and how it works differently for earned and unearned income
- Calculate Universal Credit entitlement when in work
- Look at the Universal Credit monthly assessment period and what it means for workers paid weekly, four weekly or inconsistently
Ongoing help and advice
All delegates to any of our courses receive ongoing email support from Turquoise Training for 12 months as well as our newsletter. Get thorough answers to all your benefit questions!BOOK NOW!