Turquoise Training and Consultancy has provided training and consultancy services to local authorities, housing associations, charities and the welfare to work industry for the last four years.
With over ten years’ experience in the benefits sector, our professionally qualified trainers and consultants can provide expert support to your organisation.
Dan Rust – Director and lead trainer
Dan is a skilled and experienced benefits subject matter expert and trainer. He has provided support and training services to local authorities, housing associations, the welfare to work industry and other private sector organisations.
He has worked closely on a number of areas that form part of the current welfare reform programme. He played a key role in the design and creation of some of the first local Council Tax Support schemes in the country. He worked with software developers, providing legislative guidance on the design of the leading benefit and Universal Credit online calculator used by members of the public and professional advisers across the UK.
A TPMA qualified trainer, Dan currently delivers training on Universal Credit, welfare benefits and on benefit calculation software at both senior and front line levels. Formerly the Training and Content Manager of Entitledto Ltd and a member of Harrow Council’s Training and Policy team, Dan has designed and delivered a wide variety of training courses to hundreds of delegates since 2008. This has included:
- Expert seminars for the Employment Related Services Association (ERSA) on the workings and implications of Universal Credit;
- In-depth training on the exact workings of Universal Credit for local authorities;
- Introductory courses on the welfare state for large organisations such as Maximus UK;
- Bespoke systems training for Work Programme prime contractors such as Remploy and Rehab Jobfit and Housing Associations such as Lambeth Living;
- Full introductory courses on Housing Benefit for new benefit officers.